Spotify on Thursday announced that Premium members can now, for a limited time, add Hulu’s basic ad-supported plan to their account at no extra cost. Hulu recently lowered the price of this plan to $5.99 a month (from $7.99), but now Spotify Premium subscribers can get it for free. To add Hulu to your existing Spotify Premium account, just visit the “Your Services” page and press “activate” on the Hulu banner. If you’re new to Spotify Premium, you can sign up for the bundle right here.
You’ll get your first month of Spotify Premium and Hulu for free; after that, it will cost $9.99 a month. Once you get it set up, just go to the Hulu app or hulu.com to start streaming shows like Fargo, The Handmaid’s Tale, Seinfeld, and more. The offer will be available until June 10 “or while supplies last,” so don’t waste any time if you want to take advantage of this great deal.
This new offer comes after the music and video streaming companies over the summer offered a bundle that included Spotify Premium and Hulu’s ad-supported plan for $12.99 a month. Those who signed up for that bundle will see their bill “automatically reduced” to the regular Spotify Premium price, Spotify said today. Meanwhile, Activate Hulu + Spotify Student Discount Plan plus Showtime for just $4.99 per month. That offer is available to US college students enrolled at Title IV accredited institutions; to sign up, head here.
How do I activate Hulu and Showtime with my Spotify Premium Student account?
To activate your Hulu account, you’ll need to head to your Account Page on Spotify. Under Account Overview, select “Activate Hulu.” You can either create a new Hulu account or link the deal to a pre-existing Hulu account. Unfortunately, you can’t upgrade to any ad-free or live TV plans with this deal.
You can begin your Showtime subscription via Showtime’s Spotify activation page. You can either create a new Showtime account or link one to an already existing account. After you activate your account, you’ll be able to access Showtime’s full library of films and television. After you set these up, you’ll be billed monthly through Spotify, instead of the streaming services.
Getting the Bundle if You Don’t Have Hulu
- Log in at https://www.spotify.com/us/student/. This is your student account for Spotify, and you’ll be adding a Hulu account.
- This method only works for those who have a Student Spotify Premium account but not a Hulu account. If you have Hulu, skip to the next method.
- Click your profile icon and select Account. The profile icon is at the top-right corner of the page.
- Click Activate Hulu. You’ll see this at the bottom of the “Account Overview” page.
- Complete the required fields to activate your Hulu account.
- This includes your name, email, and billing information.
- Once you complete your Hulu account set-up, you’ll be billed for all these services with your normal Spotify bill, so all your payments are in one subscription.
- This is the basic, ad-supported Hulu subscription.